Sunday, September 2, 2012

Such a proud sister

This past Tuesday was a very emotion filled day.

My baby brother was sworn into the United States Army.

It was a day full of pride, sadness, and love. He left around 3pm and was shuttled to boot camp where he will be until a few days before Christmas. (It is extra long for him since he is going into Infantry, so he has a few more weeks than just regular boot camp).

My brother, Matthew, has worked very hard to get where he is today and because of his tough work and dedication I know he can do anything he sets his mind to. You see, a little over a year ago Matthew was very unhappy with himself weight wise and decided to do something about it. Through running, P90X, Insanity, and completely changing his eating habits Matthew has lost over 50 pounds and looks like a totally different person than before. He is strong, fit, and ready to take on whatever life throws at him. I will have to dig up some before pictures, but you can see what a skinny minny the boy is now, in the pictures below.

The actual swearing in. (Matthew is in the back)

So proud.

Me and bud :)

My older sister, Jenny with Matthew right before he was loaded into the shuttle bus.


I know we will miss him terribly while he is gone, but I canNOT wait to attend family day and graduation day in the next few months.

I love you, bud and I am terribly proud of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment