Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back to reality

For the past 2 years, I have worked in a hospital setting, so I work 12 hour shifts. Since I am part time, my 12 hour shifts are only twice a week. If I schedule my days right, I can have almost 10 days off in a row.

This past week? I had 8 days off. It was amazing! I spent time with B, my family, and my friends. It is always such a nice break from work, but it makes it so much harder to come back. Even though work has been exhausting today, it is worth it to schedule myself like that.....sometimes.

Highlights of my time off....
My dad's half brother, William and his wife, Jessica stopped by my parents house last Wednesday night on their way to Miama. They live in Virginia, so we don't see them that often. It was nice to spend some time and celebrate the fourth of July with them.

Friday night, my friend Rachel and I went to Ulta for their Frizz-Free Friday! Living Proof has a new line of frizz free products out so every Friday in July they are having a special where they wash/dry/style your hair....for free! We had our hair done, and then went to dinner at Olive Garden. We devoured enjoyed a pitcher of sangria while catching up. After dinner, I met my friend Jen to head out to the beach bars for a few drinks, and to see my husband at work. (He works at one of the bars)

The rest of my time off work, was spent lounging by the pool, hanging out with my hubs and our sweet puppy, and trying to get myself back into a gym routine. We are doing a Rock/Semi trash the dress later this year & my dress would be a little... (ahem) snug....if I didn't hit the gym. I have definitley gained a few of those newlywed pounds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment