Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's almost vacation eve!

Seriously, y'all....I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I am so excited! We are going out of town on Friday and tonight is my last night at work for 14 days. Yes, 14 glorious work-free days full of laying on a beach sipping a bud light lime-arita.

My husband's family has a reunion every year in North Carolina and this is our first year going together. B hasn't been in 5 years, and not counting the stop we made 2 years ago for an hour, I have never been. To be honest, I'm not looking forward to the reunion that much, but we have plans to go stay at my grandad's beach house in Virginia and I cannot wait.

Our plan is to leave Friday, stay in North Carolina Saturday and Sunday, and first thing Monday morning drive into Virginia for the rest of the week. We actually just decided to for sure go about a week ago. We are both in school so I am missing one class while he is missing 3. Unfortunatley, poor timing occured and I have a test in my Monday class, but the teacher is working with me so instead of a zero, my final exam will count twice. That can either help me or come back to bit me. (Did I mention the final is the Monday after we get back from vacay? Yeah...terrible.)

Even though the school aspect stresses me out just thinking about it, what made me decide that it would be 1000% worth missing an important class? All of this time with my hubby. We work really weird schedules and on certain days don't see each other at all. For instance, this past week I have spent one night with him and at most 4 hours together during the day. He works late nights (up to 4 a week) has a morning class twice a week, and one night class. I work one day, one night, and I have a morning class once a week. (I know, we are lucky that we see each other at all....I have alot of friends and family who are military and have spouses that are deployed.) So a week with basically nothing but being together....hurry up Friday!

We have been on a few road trips together before. For our 2 year dating anniversary I bought tickets to an Atlanta Braves game so we drove to Atlanta for that.


A random roadtip where we ended up in Siesta Key, FL. For B's 29th birthday we packed a weekend bag, got in the car, and just drove wherever the road took us. This might have been my favorite weekend trip!

(If you are ever in Siesta Key, look this place up. Then thank me:) )

We drove to Virginia about 2 years ago and spent a week with family at my Grandad's beach house.
(sadly I don't have a picture of this on my phone or this computer. I will put one in later, for sure)


And one of our favorite things (that we havent done in a while, actually) is to wake up early on a Saturday morning, drive to Orlando and spend the day/night on Universal's City Walk. Normally this isn't a planned trip, just a spur of the moment 'Let's get out and do something' decision.
(One of many daquiri's we have enjoyed on city walk!)

Well, I am off to finish my night at work. 4 hours down, 8 hours to go. I think I can, I think I can.......

No comments:

Post a Comment